Allam Homes Pty Ltd (ABN 33 003 798 883), its subsidiaries and related body corporates (“we”, “us”, “our”, “Allam”) have a firm commitment to privacy and comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (“the Act”) and the Australian Privacy Principles contained therein. This policy discloses our information gathering, storage, security, handling, use and dissemination practices.
General website usage information
When you visit this site, and other directly related and identified and or linked Allam sites, our server logs information, which is provided by your browser. This information is used to create summary statistics which allow us to assess the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, discover what information is most and least used, determine technical design specifications, and help us make our site more useful to visitors. The information logged is as follows:
- The type of browser you are using;
- The date and time of your visit;
- Your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk, etc);
- the address of the referring site (if any);
- Your server’s IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet: usually one of your service provider’s machines);
- The address of the pages accessed and any documents downloaded.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities, unless disclosure is required by law or due to a mandatory requirement of a Court, Governmental Agency or Regulatory Authority. We use the information only for statistical analysis or systems administration purposes.
We will usually collect your personal information directly from you via this site. We may also collect personal information from you via email, telephone, in person, via fax or via any other lawful means, depending on our relationship with you.
We may also collect personal information from selected third parties (for example your representatives or selected partners or data providers), where you have consented to or authorised this.
For example, we might collect personal information in the following ways:
- through your general dealings with us, including enquiries, feedback, questions or complaints, or employment applications;
- if you register or provide your details via our site;
- if you express an interest in or purchase one of our properties or projects;
- If you enter or complete one of our competitions, offers or surveys or request or agree to receive information about us, our services, projects or properties;
- From credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities, where necessary to process a requested transaction;
- your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers); and
- publicly available sources of information or via any other method where you have given your consent and/or that is permitted by law.
The types of information we collect will depend on the nature of our relationship with you and will usually include your first and last name, phone number, email address, suburb, postcode any comment that you wish to make and what estates/projects of ours you are interested in. If you proceed with a purchase of one of our properties, we may also collect additional information, including financial details as necessary.
You do not need to give us personal information, but if you don’t, we may not be able to help you or provide you with the requested information/products/property or allow you to participate in an advertised promotion or offer.
Electronic mail addresses
Further to the above, we will record your email address if you transmit it to us electronically either in an email message or via a web page form, or via another method. It will be used for the purpose for which you provide it and in accordance with this policy. Other than as outlined in this policy, we will not disclose it without your consent.
Subscription and Feedback forms
Some pages of this web site provide the facility for users to fill out an online form for the purpose of subscribing to a special service or to provide us with feedback about our site. We will ask you to provide only enough personal information to fulfill that purpose. We will record it to facilitate follow up and for statistical analysis. Only our authorised staff and contractors will have access to this information.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Usually, we will only use personal information that we collect about you for the reason/s it was collected and for related purposes. This may include the following:
- to verify your identity;
- to send you emails and/or contact you via phone about an estate/project/property that you express an interest in;
- to let you know about news, future projects/estates/properties, offers, promotions, products, services, or activities that we think may be of interest to you;
- to assess your suitability for employment with us;
- to improve and administer our business, services, products and projects/estates;
- to customise your experience when using our site and to improve our site;
- to address and answer any questions or any complaints that you might have or facilitate your participation in one of our promotions or offers;
- to facilitate your purchase of one of our properties;
- to disclose to our legal or other professional advisors and service providers, when needed; and
- to comply with any law and disclose to other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
We may contact you in relation to the above via electronic messaging such as SMS and email, by mail, by fax, by phone, in person or in any other lawful manner.
We may also, in some circumstances and as permitted by law, share your personal information with our partners, joint promoters and affiliates, who may use your personal information to contact you about their own business, activities, services or products.
Unless otherwise advised to you, we will not disclose your personal information outside of Australia.
Quality and Security
We may store personal information on computer databases, hard drives and/or in hard copy at our offices. We may also engage third party service providers to store and process personal information for us, including but not limited to third party cloud service providers.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security and accuracy of personal information we hold, and to protect your personal information from misuse and loss, unauthorised access, interference, modification or disclosure, in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
Security and the Internet
If you are submitting personal information over the Internet, which you wish to remain private, please note that, while reasonable attempts are made to secure information transmitted to this site, users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet and no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. If you prefer, you can contact us by phone or mail. While the risk of anyone intercepting and misusing information transmitted via our site is usually very low, you should be aware that a determined individual with the right skills might be able to do so. In this respect, we cannot warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet, and users of our site do so at their own risk.
A cookie is an electronic token that is passed between browser and server to transfer small amount of information. The cookie is stored on your device but does not identify you.
A cookie helps us to recognise you when you re-visit our site and to co-ordinate your access to different pages on the site. With most Internet Browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Most browser providers offer information on how to disable cookies, however, keep in mind that doing so may limit your access to certain elements of the site.
Links to other sites
This site may contain links to other sites including other sites that are directly controlled and identified by us as Allam sites. Excluding our other directly related sites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these web sites and have no knowledge of whether cookies or other tracking devices are used on linked sites. If you have any concerns regarding your privacy in this respect, you should ensure you are aware of the privacy policies of those sites.
Access and Correction
You have a right to access and seek correction of any personal information we hold about you. You can do so by sending us your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may need to provide proof of identity before we can provide access or make a requested correction. In general, we will allow access to the personal information we hold about you, however, we may deny you access if we reasonably believe that providing access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual, providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals, or it is otherwise appropriate for us to deny access in accordance with the Act.
If we cannot comply with your request, we will provide you with the reasons for our decision.
If you have a complaint or would like to discuss our handling of your personal information or you believe that we have breached the Act or any other applicable privacy laws or codes, you can contact us by email at email@example.com. We will investigate your complaint and will respond to you as soon as possible (usually within 14 working days).
Information about your privacy rights can be found at the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (http://www.oaic.gov.au) or by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Last Updated: May 2021